How To Create a Tightly-Controlled Online Advertising Environment Poorly Disguised as a Social Network.
- Watch an episode of “That 70’s Show” that all the kids are watching, appropriate the name of Eric, Kelso, Fez & the gang’s favorite hangout and hope no one notices said appropriation.
- Make really bad typographic and color decisions for that ultra-successful “undesigned” look that’s going around.
- Create a fictional tween named “Ashley.”
- Include pictures of “Ashley” but don’t let anyone get a good look at her by offering larger views of the pics. The internet is full of dirty awful stalkers, you know.
- Have “Ashley” upload a “homemade” video where all she talks about are Walmart clothes.
- Let “Ashley” write a “blog” full of marketing-speak geared to appeal to the target demographic.
- Put the blog in an inline frame. Because accessibility and usability are for uncool, non-social people.
- Let “Ashley” upload hot jams!
- OMG, add some indie flair!
- Make sure your GIF images are poorly produced and ragged to project authenticity.
Tag and Note this hotness on Flickr.
Zefrank has offered his wry take on same here: